Sandakphu- a paradise to all adventure lovers, perched at almost 12000 feet high wherefrom we can see a vast range of snowy Himalayan peaks. Also, it is at the borderline with Nepal. Therefore, it has a luring appeal to the adventurist as well as the tourists.
As there are plenty of Himalayan Cobra Lilies, therefore this place is also famous as “mountain of poisonous peaks”. Moreover, we will see almost 600 varieties of orchids here.
Sandakphu is a paradise not only to all adventure lovers but also to all nature lovers. In the first place, it is the only place in the world which offers awe-inspiring views of 4 out of the 5 highest peaks in the world. In all honesty, we will find no match of this spectacular view. This is one of the prime attraction of Sandakphu and Phalut.
Sandakphu-a paradise to all adventure lovers.
In the first place, it, perhaps, offers the best possible views of the beauty queen, the 3rd highest peak of the world, mount Kanchendzonga. Tourists can enjoy a charming as well as unspoiled vistas of the entire Kanchendzonga range. This enchanting beauty is simply thrilling and heart-throbbing. It is a true paradise due to its serenity along with abundant natural beauty.
However, this place is still an offbeat destination.[If you are looking for some extra income, then the following articles may help you a lot.
- Freelancing-The Best Online Income Opportunity.
- Network Marketing: A Journey Towards Financial Freedom.
- The Scope of Network Marketing in India.
- How to Succeed in Network Marketing.
- Inspirational Network Marketing Quotes.
- Artificial Intelligence.]
Indeed, Sandakphu is not only the highest point in the Singalila range but also in West Bengal. Its height is 3636 meters(11930feet).
Phalut, at an elevation of 3600 meters(11811feet), is the second-highest area in West Bengal.[At first, we all want more and more success in life. Due to this, we require some attitudes. Indeed, these attitudes will help us to get success in life. Generally, these attitudes are
- How to deal with depression?
- Depression-Main Cause of Disability Worldwide.
- Stay motivated-22 Ways to be Focused Motivated.
- Law of attraction: Our Attractive Magnetic Power.
- How to be positive? Essential for success in life.
- Gratitude: The Best Attitude to Shine in Life.
- The Power of spoken words.
Apart from the above attitudes, we need some mental conditions. Usually, they can bring a lot of changes in our life. These attitudes are
If we want to get success in life, then we must have
Weather: Temperature of Sandakphu:
- January-March: – 50 C to 6o C
- April-May: 60 C to 120 C
- June-September monsoon season.
- October-December 10 C to 60 C
The distance of various places from Sandakphu:
1) Manebhanjan= 30km
5) Kolkata =640km
Actually, there are several magnificent tourist attractions in both West Bengal and Sikkim. People generally visit these alluring places to enjoy the glory of Mount Kanchenjunga along with abundant scenic natural beauties. Further, you can easily go to these places from Sandakphu If you read these, they will help you to develop a tour plan.
- Pelling[147km, 5 hours and 26 minutes]
- Gangtok[161km, 5 hours and 33 minutes]
- Sillery Gaon[137km, 5 hours and 11 minutes]
- Kolakham and Rishop[153km, 6 hours and 5 minutes]
Sandakphu offers abundant pristine natural beauty. From here we can see the enchanting Himalayan peaks. Most importantly, we can see a heart throbbing and the most beautiful high altitude snowy Himalayan peaks around 3600. In all honesty, the awesome panoramic view from almost everywhere, will bring boundless delight and provide boundless happiness.
Kanchenjuna from Sandakphu:
Tourist can see the best possible view of ‘Sleeping Buddha’ or ‘Sleeping Shiva’ from here. This is the best possible way to enjoy the magnificent beauty of Mighty Kanchenjunga.
4 Highest Peaks visible from Sandakphu:
All the tourists will enjoy the beauty of the highest four peaks in the world barring the second highest peak Karakoram or K2. Most importantly Nepal is the abode of Mount Everest, the highest of the peaks in the whole world and it attracts the tourist of the whole world.
These four peaks are
- Mount Everest-8848 meters, the highest.
- Kanchenjunga-8586 meters, the 3rd
- Lhotse-8516, the 4th and
- Makalu-8462, the 5th highest in the world.
- Wash our face for healthier and clearer skin.
- How to maintain the beauty of your face?
- Right order to use skincare products.
- Hair loss.]
Other peaks visible from Sandakphu:
In fact, we can see a heart throbbing and the most beautiful high altitude snowy Himalayan peaks around 3600 from Sandakphu.
Apart from the above 4 panoramas of peaks, there are some more which we can see from here. They are:
- Baruntse (7220m),
- Chamlang (7319m),
- Nuptse (7861m),
- Jupono (5650m).
- Chomo Lonzo (7818m),
- Kabru N (7353m),
- Frey (5853m)
- Kabru Forked (6100m),
- Talung (7349m),
- Rathong (6679m),
- Pandim (6691m),
- Koktang (6147m),
- Simvo (6812m),
- Kabru Dome (6600m),
- Tenchenkhang (6010m).
In the first place, these amazing snowy peaks belong to Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh. However, we will see such a wide range of Himalayan mountains from Chaukori.
With the first rays of sunlight, we can see astounding views of the dazzling peaks of Mount Everest group in Nepal. Further, we can see the beautiful Lhotse, Makalu and Chamlang, standing just like snow-wall. It is impossible to forget the beautiful sunrise and sunset from here. Sunrise is more beautiful as the weather remains more clear at dawn.[If you are a tourist, then the following articles will help you a lot.
- Unique places to visit from Kolkata.
- Kaikhali, Nimpith in the Sundarban area in West Bengal.
Phalut is another beautiful place near Sandakphu and it is in the border of West Bengal, Sikkim, and Nepal. Therefore, we will be able to see all the above-mentioned peaks also from here. By the by, the tribes living here are “Phalutians”. They are very simple and easily mix up with tourists.
Furthermore, this joy adds positivity to our attitude.
Singalila National Park:
As this region is in the Singaleela Range, so we may see “Chamri Gay”, a yellow-throated martin, various red pandas, etc. Moreover, hundreds of known and unknown birds with their colours and chirps are mind-blowing and entertaining. Tourists will experience easily varieties of flora and fauna of this wonderful Singalila National Park. Numerous and colourful flora, as well as fauna, will help to forget the journey lag.
If you wish, then you can read my writings to keep you fit and healthy. Some of them are:
Also, know how to benefits from the followings:
Also read the nutrients as well as the benefits of eating these fruits like:
In fact, it is the best way to enjoy the natural beauty of Sandakphu. At first, the trekking route is mostly very easy. Females also can easily trek here. Even the children will enjoy this trek. Most importantly, the motorable road and the trekking trails overlap several times. Hills and forest with its rich flora and fauna are obviously mind-blowing and fascinating. It will definitely improve our love and relations as we are spending a long stretch of time with joy.
Additionally, it is one of the trekkers’ paradise-like Munsyari the little Kashmir. In fact, Sandakphu offers numerous attractions and appeals to all adventure lovers of the globe. Furthermore, this joy adds positivity to our attitude.
Most importantly, it will easily come among the list of top ten offbeat hill stations in India.
Tourists must try to visit such destinations like Kolakham, Kalimpong, West Bengal and Shitalakhet, Kumaum, Uttarakhand.
However, tourist shows less interest to visit this place perhaps for lesser publicity or inconvenience. Moreover, they think that it is a trekking trail. Therefore, they tend to avoid this serene and tranquil hamlet.[By the by, savings is another very important subject in everyone’s life. You must try to save more and more. The following articles will also help you to save. If you can save properly, then you can enjoy your life. Savings is another very important subject in everyone’s life
- Grow our savings.
- Importance of saving in life.
- Save money being a housewife.
- Factual reasons to save money.
- Savings account, importance in our life.
- Mutual fund, the best long term investment plan.
- Life Insurance Policy, importance, benefits, types.
- How to save money to live life merrily?
Suitable Time to Visit Sandakphu
- The best time to visit this area in April and May. At this time the temperature normally remains between 6-15 degree celsius. Added to this, we will see flowers of rhododendrons and some more orchids blooming in full swing.
- Rhododendron in full bloom is unbelievably colourful, attractive and spectacular The striking red colour of the flowers of rhododendrons is scintillating and thereby eye captivating along with mind-blowing.
- We may see more than 600 varieties of orchids and flowers like Rhododendrons, silver furs, pines, magnolias, etc. here.
- One can also visit these places in October to early December. In this time temperature generally, remain between 0-6 degree celsius.
- In the monsoon from June to September, the area is not good and safe for the tourists
HOW TO REACH:
The nearest airport is Bagdogra.
From Kolkata, at first, come to NJP Station. The best train is Darjeeling Mail) / Padatik Express, Kanchan Kanya Express (all from Sealdah Station).
NBSTC, SBSTC, CSTC or other buses up to TENJIN –NORGE Bus Terminus.
Then we will go to Manebhanjan from there with a hired car or by public transport-bus or local jeep. If possible we will go via Mirik from Siliguri. The entire route is scenic and enchanting. We will see stretches of heart-throbbing tea gardens on the hills on both sides of the road.
Mirik is another wonderful tourist destination.
However, we will try to visit around Mirik or if possible stay one night at Mirik. Here we may witness beautiful orange orchards along with apple orchard.
N.J.P. to Manebhanjan is about 80kms. From N.J.P. or Bagdogra, it will take almost 8-9 hours to Sandakphu. Therefore, we have to start early morning.
Most importantly, Singalila Land Rover Association controls the land rover journey for this route at a fixed rate. There is no advance booking.
Besides our main journey starts from Manebhanjan (2130m/ 7000 ft.). Therefore, we will follow the route which goes through
Chitre(8340 Ft.)- distance 3km, will take 15 minutes and known for monastery or gompa.
Lamay Dhura(8792 ft.)-3.5km, 20 minutes and hamlet of Tibetan families.
This small village is about 4km away and will take 10 minutes. As ‘Megh’ or cloud covers it always, so the name is Meghma. To tell the truth, the place justifies its name. Besides Nepal area starts from here. We need no permission here.
Around 2 km, 5 minutes, hilly village and serene hamlet. Besides some tourist thinks this place is ideal for night shelter. Therefore, they stay here for a night. Indeed, Singalila National Park starts almost from here. Buy entry pass from the check post for further proceeding. Most importantly, we may see the famous Red Panda, Pangolin, etc. high altitude animals here.
Kalipokhri(3186m, 10000 ft)-
Around 14kms and takes 30 minutes. It means ‘Dark Lake’.
Sandakphu-around 6 km, time 25 minutes.
Tourists prefer staying 1-2 nights at Sandakphu. Then go to Phalut (about 21kms). It takes 2 hours approx. from Sandakphu. The path is relatively flat, narrow and uneven. The vehicle moves very slowly.
Where to stay in Sandakphu?
Hotels in Sandakphu:
- In Tumbling, Shikhar Lodge,
- In Sandakphu, Sandakphu Trekkers Hut (99031-74074); Buddha Lodge (97360-84992) Hotel Sunrise (90070-09061)
- In Sandakphu, Sherpa Chalet. From here you get the excellent views of the peaks.
- Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council Lodge in Phalut.
- Because hotels and amenities are very limited in the hotels of Sandakphu and Phalut. Therefore, we have to choose from them.
As it is no electric Zone so the hotels and Lodges use solar systems for a fixed hour at night. Consequently, television, etc. are not available here.
Mobile connections are more or less available.
Besides charging phones and cameras is a problem here.
Tourism Centres Tour Operators -A Kolkata agent book lodges, hotels and cars. Phone: 9903480648.
Firstly, we shall carry enough warm clothes– (2-3 layers at-least), depending on the tour time.
Additionally, we will carry a flask and electric kettle and dry food and necessary medicines.
Not to mention, that we will always drink purified water—Bislery, Kinley, Aquafina—if possible carry from N.J.P. It is so because we will get a good supply there till Manebhanjan. From there it may cause a problem.
In all honesty, we will use sanitizer for cleaning hands before taking our food.
Sandakphu and Phalut Trek:
As a matter of fact, this is a very easy trek route. If anyone willing to have trekking experience, then this is perhaps the best for the beginners in India. Even, the females, as well as children over 10 years, can also trek here.
Trekking route from N.J.P. Station:
A brief itinerary of this trekking route from N.J.P. Station.
Day1: NJP to Chitrey by car- 90km-4/5 hours.
Day2: From there trek to Tumling-9km-4/5 hours.
Day3: Trek to Kalapokhri-12km-6/7 hours.
Day4: Reach Sandakphu -6km-3/4 hours.
Day5: Trek to Phalut-21km8/9 hours.
Day6: Sunrise at Phalut -1 hour, afterwards trek down to Gorkhey-10km-4/5 hours.
Day7: Trek to Srikhola-12km-5hours, from there by car to NJP/Bagdogra-150km, 6hours or Darjeeling- 90km-4hours.
Sometimes, this trek route begins from Maneybhanjang and goes through Chitirey, Meghma, Tonglu, Tumling, Gairibas, Kala Pokhri and Bekhey.
There are direct cab services from NJP/ Bagdogra to Manebhanjan.
Day-1: Manebhanjan to Tonglu (11kms), 6-7 Hours.
- Manebhanjan 7,054ft (also known as Mane Bhanjyang),
- Chitre 8,340ft (another3kms from Manebhanjan, ), 1.5- 2-hour
- Lamaydhura: 8,792ft (further 3kms, ), 1.5-2-hour
- Meghma 9,514ft (further 3kms,), 1.5-2-hour
- Tonglu (2kms from Meghma), 1-1.5-hour
Day-2: Tonglu to Kalipokhri (15kms), 6-7 Hours.
From Tonglu, you should start your trek early next morning.
- your next destination is Tumling which is about 2kms away.
- Tumling – 9,600ft (2kms further from Tonglu, ), 1 -2 hour
- Jhaubari – 9,186 ft (6kms from Tumling), 3-3.5 hour
- Gairibas -8,600ft (1km from Jhaubari, ),0.5-1 hour
- Kalipokhri- 10,400ft (6kms from Gairibas) 3-4 hour
Day-3: Kalipokhri to Sandakphu (6kms), 3 Hours.
- Bikheybhanjang (2kms from Kalipokhri), 1 hour
- Sandakphu 11,929ft (further 4kms from Bikheybhanjang,) 2.5-3 hours
Day 4: Sandakphu to Phalut.
Day5 – 7: Onward and Return treks from Sandakphu.
In the first place, trekkers must carry all suitable luggage. Moreover, they will make all the proper arrangements and settings before the start of the journey. Additionally, they will make prior physical check-up so that they can bear the pressure of trekking.
For Sandakphu trek contact no. is 91-33-22254723.
However, This virgin place is real heaven with an awesome, mesmerizing beautiful view of Kanchendzonga. The sunrise and sunset are splendid. It is amongst the best places for nature lovers.
This type of tour will bring enjoyment as well as provide us with tremendous motivation for more tours.
As you cannot provide sufficient time or money, so choose a suitable place for the weed-end tour.
Most importantly, the tranquillity, as well as the heavenly beauty of snow laded gorgeous peaks, will remain in our memory forever.
Because you are an adventurist and lover of nature and genuine tourist. Therefore, you must visit SANDAKPHU and PHALUT.
Most importantly to visit here at least once in your lifetime, will give you good memories of worth visiting.