Mango is a fleshy and juicy or pulpy tropical fruit that is oval-shaped and yellowish-red coloured. Normally, we eat it when it is ripe or make chutneys or pickles when it is green. This is a nutrient-rich, low fat, highly fibrous fruit. The taste of ripe fruit varies in not only taste and sweetness but also size and colour. The best way to enjoy it is to eat it ripen.
Mango is not only nutritious but also amazingly flavorous. Therefore, it is among the most popular fruits worldwide. In India, it is popular as ‘King of fruit’. Besides, it is India’s national fruit. You will find mango trees everywhere in India. Generally, it is incredibly beneficial for human health.
In the financial year 2019, its global production (the report includes guava also) was 56 million tons. India is the leading producer with about 26 tons which is around 46% of the global production. Indonesia, China, Mexico and Brazil are the next largest producer.
Nutritional and health benefits of MANGO:
This nutritional powerhouse is a wonderful gift of God for mankind along with its enchanting taste and smell. It is ‘king of fruits’ due to its mouth-watering taste, refreshing fragrance, flawless skin, sparkling yellow colour, paisley pattern and jaw-dropping curves. This extremely succulent fruit is the perfect irresistible summer-time crush for all.
Mango Fruit Information:
In the first place, it is not only the national fruit of India but also is the king of all fruits. Its scientific name is “Mangifera Indica” and is a stone or drupe type fruit. Therefore, it has a large seed inside.
Mangoes are first found in India for more than 5000 years.[If you are looking for some extra income, then the following articles may help you a lot.
- Benefits of network marketing business.
- Freelancing-The Best Online Income Opportunity.
- Network Marketing: A Journey Towards Financial Freedom.
- The Scope of Network Marketing in India.
- Inspirational Network Marketing Quotes.
- What is Artificial Intelligence?]
Definition of Mango:
Furthermore, its skin is smooth and a hard seed is inside the flesh. Generally, we do not eat either the skin or the seed.
Though its skin has medicinal value we not eat it as it has no taste and being the outer side it gets contaminated for various reasons.
However, the ripe mango differs in size and shape and colour and smell and sweetness and taste. Additionally, they also may be yellow or orange or green or red.
Almost all the varieties of this tropical fruit in ripe condition are refreshing and super flavorful and juicy and they are very delicious too.
It is generally available fresh from March to August.
What is so special about the mango fruit?
It is the most popular, nutritionally rich fruits. It contains a unique flavour, distinctive fragrance, yummy taste, and health-promoting qualities.[At first, we all want more and more success in life. Due to this, we require some attitudes. Indeed, these attitudes will help us to get success in life. Generally, these attitudes are
- Goals-an integral part of success in life.
- Stay motivated-22 Ways to be Focused Motivated.
- Law of attraction: Our Attractive Magnetic Power.
- How to be positive? Essential for success in life.
- Gratitude: The Best Attitude to Shine in Life.
- Spoken words powers and effects in our life.
- Self-esteem and its importance.
- How to live life to the fullest?
- Leadership Qualities-Effective ways to get it.
- Stress, the silent killer.]
Types of Mango:</h2
There are over 1000 varieties worldwide. Some popular varieties are Ataulfo, Haden, Keitt, Tommy Atkins and etc. You will get them all year round.
Types of mango in India:
To tell the truth, mangoes have more than 400 varieties in India. Among them, about 30 varieties are very popular. The most popular one is Alphanso.
Some well-known varieties of mango are
- “Gulaab Khaas”,
- “Kishan Bhog”,
- “ Mallika”,
- “Alampur Baneshan”,
- and etc.
Types of mango in India and where to find them?
Below are some popular varieties of mangoes in India and mainly where to find them:
- Alphanso: Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
- Dasheri: Lucknow and Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Chaunsa: Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- Langra: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- Safeda: Andhra Pradesh.
- Neelam: Andhra Pradesh.
- Benishan: Banganapalli, Andhra Pradesh.
- Imam Pasand: Andhra Pradesh/ Tamil Nadu/ Telangana.
- Mulgoba/Malgoa: Salem, Tamil Nadu
- Rumani: Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Totapuri: Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Badami: North Karnataka.
- Raspuri: Karnataka.
- Kilichundan: Kerala.
- Mankurad: Goa.
- Lakshmanbhog: Malda: West Bengal.
- Fazli: West Bengal/ Bihar.
- Gulab Khaas: West Bengal/ Bihar/ Jharkhand.
- Himsagar and Kishan Bhog: Murshidabad: West Bengal.
- Kesar: Junagadh and Saurashtra, Gujarat.
- Paheri/Pairi: Gujarat.
- Vanraj: Gujarat.
- Bombay Green: Punjab.
- Amrapali, Mallika: All over India.
13 Best Varieties of Mangoes in the world and their producing countries:
Below are the top 13 types of mango that you will get throughout the world. Also, you will get the name of the countries where they are mainly cultivated:
- Alphanso: Ratnagiri, Maharashtra.
- Ataulfo: Brazil, Mexico, Peru, Ecuador.
- Julie: Jamaica, West Indies.
- Carabao: Philippines.
- Haden: Peru, Mexico, United States, Ecuador
- Keitt: Brazil, Mexico, United States, Ecuador.
- Tommy Atkins: Brazil, Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador
- Sein Ta Lone: Myanmar.
- Ivory: Thailand.
- Sindhri: Sindh, Pakistan.
- Kensington Pride: Australia.
- Madame Francis: Southeast Asia.
- Francis: Haiti, Ecuador.
- Positive quotes and messages to improve someone’s day.
- Positive life quotes for a better life and more success.]
Which is the sweetest mango in the world?
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Carabao Mango is the ‘ world’s sweetest mango’. They recorded it in the year 1995. The chief cultivator of it is the Philippines. It is extremely yummy and fibre-free.[If you can save properly, then you can enjoy your life. Savings is another very important subject in everyone’s life. The following articles will also help you to save.
- Importance of savings in life.
- Savings account, importance in our life.
- Mutual fund, the best long term investment plan.
- Life Insurance Policy, importance, benefits, types.
- How to save money to live life merrily?]
Which type of mango is the best in the world?
Alphonso is popular as the king of mangoes. Moreover, it is the top-most mango variety worldwide. It is unparalleled not only in taste but also in texture and fragrance. All these make Alphonso the most wanted variety of mango in the world.
In fact, Afonso de Albuquerque is a Portuguese general. In addition, he is a military expert. He was the chief who established Portuguese colonies in India. Alphonso mango was named after him.
Which mango is the king of mangoes?
Alphonso is the king of mangoes. It is the most exported variety in India. About 60% of all its exports go to the Middle East. It is mainly grown in the Konkan region of Maharashtra along with the western regions of Gujarat and Karnataka.[If you wish, then you can taste the following dishes or recipes:
- Bengali food- a unique culinary style.
- Sikkim food: Authentic, exotic, culinary delight.
- Bengali cuisine is unique and distinctive.
- Indian spicy prawn masala.]
Cuisine/ Usages of it:
Generally, people consume mango raw, cooked, or juiced. Usually, we use mangoes for different food and to have different tastes.
First, as Sour-We eat unripe mangoes as chutneys or pickles or sliced pieces with salt and chilli and soy sauce or kasundi. Prepare dal with mango is another tasty item in summer.
Aam Panna, pods(burn) and mango lassi and mango juice is also highly demanding item.
Mango jam and jelly and murabba and pickle and aamswatta are also popular products.
Ice cream, fruit bar, card, Sandesh and rosellas are also made of mango or mango flavour.
Amchur as a spice increase the taste of cooked food.
Benefits of Eating or Drinking Mango Juice:
Generally, we will get this in roadside shops, restaurants. Moreover, it is the best way to take mango when we are outside or very busy. It provides instant relief from tiredness and refreshing energy and fills our heart with happiness.
Mango Nutritional Benefits:
To begin with, mango is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Calories in it Without Skin:
The followings are the nutritional benefits and calories in mangoes
per 100g(3.5oz): —
- Dietary Fiber-1.6g,
Most importantly a ripe mango contains 107 calories. The following vitamins, minerals, and nutrients are present in it.
- Vitamins ( C-45.7 mg, K-6.9 mcg, E-1.8 mg, B6 -0.2 g,)
- Vitamin A-1262 IU
- Niacin ( B3)-1 mg,
- Thiamin(B1)-0.1 mg,
- Choline-12.5 mg,
- Riboflavin(B2)-0.1 g,
- Pantothenic acid(B5)-0.3 mg,
- Folate(B9)-23.1 mcg etc.
- Rosewater benefits amazingly enhance your beauty.
- Wash our face for healthier and clearer skin.
- How to maintain the beauty of your face?
- Right order to use skincare products.
- Rosewater benefits, antioxidants to anti-ageing.
- Flawless skin, craving of every woman.
- Hair loss, worldwide concern for everyone.]
- Potassium (257 mg),
- Iron (0.2 mg)
- Calcium (16.5 mg),
- Phosphorus (18.2 mg),
- Sodium (3.3 mg),
- Zinc (0.1 mg),
- Copper (0.2 mg),
- Selenium (1 mcg), etc.
The fruit also contains
- protein (0.8 g),
- fibre (3 g),
- carbohydrates (28 g), etc
- gallic acid,
- methyl gallate, etc
Because mango contains high fibre, various vitamins and minerals, and nutrients and antioxidants, therefore, apart from the taste we may get
Amazing Health Benefits from it: –
As a result, these vitamins and minerals render many benefits to us – which are as follows.
BENEFITS of Eating Mangoes:
Mango contains a high fiver which helps to improve constipation and cleanse the colon. Added to this mango possesses some digestive enzymes that help indigestion.
Because it possesses carotenoids, ascorbic acid, terpenoids, and polyphenols. Therefore, it helps to check cancer.
Moreover, mango polyphenols are useful to fight breast cancer and mangiferin helps to control the increase of cancer cells in the colon and liver as well as various tumour cells.
Besides antioxidants like quercetin, fisetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, gallic acid, and methyl gallate do help to control breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and leukaemia.
Check Blood Sugar:
Potassium in mango helps to lower blood pressure. Furthermore, it also reduces hypertension.
Check Heart Disease:
Oklahoma State University published a report where they said that mangoes have a number of phytochemicals and chemicals that help to reduce body fat as well as blood sugar.
Moreover, it is rich in beta-carotene. It is actually an antioxidant that minimizes free radicals which are a source of heart disease.
Helps to control Weight :
The fibre in mangoes helps to reduce weight mainly because fibre decreases food intake capacity.
Because mango is high in vitamin B6 and iron which betters brain health. Therefore, it increases memory.
As it is rich in vitamin A, beta-carotene and zeaxanthin, therefore mango improves not only eye health but also vision
The tartaric and malic and citric acid helps to retain the alkali deposit of our body.
Strengthen immunity system:
Vitamin C, A and other different kinds of carotenoids, present in mango, are helpful for our immune system and make it strong and healthy.
Lower Blood Cholesterol:
In accordance with the University of Madras, study mango contains mangiferin which lowers LDL, bad cholesterol and increases HDL (high-density lipoprotein).
Additionally, pectin in mango minimizes serum cholesterol.
Apart from these, it has vitamin C and fibre that help to maintain cholesterol.
Not to mention that studies reveal that mango contains anti-diabetic properties.
Mangiferin and fibre in mango help to lower excess glucose levels in the blood. Consequently, it helps to lower or maintain the sugar level in the blood.
Mango possesses iron content which is beneficial for anaemic people.
Vitamin C in mango helps to absorb iron in the human body.[If you wish, then you can read my writings to keep you fit and healthy. Some of them are:
- Healthy eating habits what and how to develop.
- The importance of food in daily life.
- Lose weight naturally.
Also, know how to benefits from the followings:
- Honey a healthy substitute for regular sugar.
- Red wine, imbibe moderately, stay healthy.
- Superfood coconut incredibly versatile, nutritious, healthy.
- Aloe Vera, amazingly beneficial “plant of immortality”.]
Improves Bone Health:
In the first place, Vitamin A in mango helps the growth of bones.
In addition, Vitamin C helps to form collagen.
Helps to Fight Heat Stroke:
Because ripe mango is energizing, therefore, its juice can fight heat stroke.
Moreover, raw mango is also energizing and helps to release excessive heat from our body.
Above all, it hydrates the body.
Furthermore, potassium helps to improve the sodium level in our body.
As it is rich in beta-carotene and vitamin E so it improves men’s sperm and therefore increases sex. In other words, improves the love and relationship of a couple.
Anyhow, mango contains zinc that helps the fertility of both men and women.
Helpful for Skin:
Indeed, mangoes are rich sources of vitamin C, an essential item for collagen that is helpful for healthy skin. Besides they have plenty of vitamin A which produces sebum.
Actually, these along with retinoids, polyphenols and etc retain all-important skin texture.
Also read the nutrients as well as the benefits of eating these fruits like:
- Apricot amazingly nutritious, impressively healthy.
- Walnuts, nutrients, benefits, risks and diets.
- Apple health and nutritional benefits.
- Banana, nutritional benefits and side effects.
- Lemon nutrient value and health benefit.]
Benefits for Hair:
Indeed, mangoes are rich sources of vitamin C, an essential item for collagen that is helpful for healthy hair. Besides they have plenty of vitamin A which produces sebum. This sebum moisturizes the scalp and keeps hair healthy.
Moreover, the antioxidants of mangoes can save hair follicles from damage caused by oxidative stress.
Improves EyeSight and Health:
Because it is full of nutrients that help support healthy eyes. Vitamin A and lutein and zeaxanthin in it are very helpful for eyesight and eye health.
Added to this, it also benefits pregnant women. But they must consult their doctors.
Side Effect of Eating Mango:
Though mangoes have amazing health benefits, still overeating may cause some problems like growth in sugar level or weight gain or some allergic problems or diarrhoea.[Below are some important aspects of life. If you read them, they will help you a lot
- Depression main cause of disability worldwide.
- How to deal with depression.
- Parent’s role in child development.
Also, read general awareness with massive utility in our life like:
Benefits of Eating it at Night:
However, we can eat mangoes at night also. In fact, mango with roti is a very delicious dish. But mind one thing, do not eat more than one at night and ensure you finish your dinner at least one hour, preferably two hours before sleep or going to bed. Added to this, eating mango at night helps in sound sleeping.[If you wish, then you can read my writings on sleep. As a matter of fact, sleep is extremely crucial not only to keep you energetic and active throughout the day but also for all-round benefits:
Also, know the followings causes of disturbances of sleep.
Apart from this, ripe mango is not only very tasty and delicious but also is a very high-value food. We see that it is very helpful for our body and health.
In a nutshell, MANGO is well and truly the king of all the fruits. So eat it and BE HAPPY.
[Actually, there are several magnificent tourist attractions in India
- Sillery Gaon.
Also, read the following truly weekend destinations: