Chicken Korma Recipe is a mouthwatering traditional Indian dish. It is also very delicious. Moreover, it is full of flavors. Additionally, it is easy and simple to cook.
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE:
In the first place, Indians can prepare a lot of varieties of this item. Moreover, people of every state in India prepare korma. Usually, they use various combinations of spices. Cooking process also differs from region to region or culture to culture. Additionally, it also differs according to the purpose.
As a matter of fact, chicken is available everywhere in India. Further, Bengalis prefer various tasty combinations of the same item. Therefore, they make a lot of combinations to cook this very popular dish. Some of these combinations are traditional and methodological.
As I said earlier, Bengalis prefer different combinations of spices. They usually use the spices at their will. Moreover, they use many different cooking combinations. They take the style which they think will change the taste. Therefore, its taste differs almost every time.
As a result, it is very hard to give the name of this preparation. Everyone gives a name as he/she thinks suitable. I also am giving the name as I think right as’ chicken korma recipe’
In all honesty, it is very tasty. In fact, its aroma is simply awesome. Generally, Bengalis prefer it with good quality of hot rice. It may also be served with rumali roti or tandoor or nan or lachcha parathas, steamed rice, jeera rice, veg polou.
It is also among the traditional food If we once taste it, we will sure to love this preparation.
The favourite variations are
- Hyderabadi chicken korma recipe.
- Authentic chicken korma recipe.
- Shahi chicken korma recipe.
- Boneless chicken korma recipe.
- Chicken korma recipe Pakistani (Pakistan was part of India before Independence).
- Easy chicken korma recipe.
- Creamy chicken korma recipe.
Chicken Korma Recipe
To begin with, it is a gravy dish that is usually made of meat, various spices, nuts, yoghurt and fresh cream. It is a general belief that it originated during the Mughal era in the Indian sub-continent. This chicken korma not only tastes creamy but also delicious.
In fact, there are so many ways, we can prepare a korma. As a matter of fact, the regional cuisines adopted all of them. So the ingredients that they use differs a lot. To tell the truth, most of the korma recipes prefer to use poppy seeds.
But, in this dish, I have not used poppy seeds. Rather I used cashew nuts and fresh cream. Another speciality is fried onions. These are the main ingredients that I used in this chicken korma recipes.
In all honesty, this chicken korma recipe is one of such foods that we can make with minimum ingredients. Furthermore, these spices are very common in most of our kitchen.
Marinating for Chicken Korma recipe: These following items will require
- 500 gm chicken
- 2 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3 tbs of curd
- 2 tablespoon of fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of chat masala
- one teaspoon of garam masala
- 11/2 tbs Kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon of fresh black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
To fry and make the gravy for chicken korma recipe, we need the below items.
- 2tbsp of cooking oil
- 4 green chilies
- 2 Large onion chopped
- 10-12 cashew
Steps to Marinate the chicken for preparing korma.
1)Add the lemon juice to the thoroughly washed chicken. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
2)Gather the marinated ingredients and combined them to lemon juice mix chicken. Cover the bowl, and store it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
Preparation of the Chicken Korma gravy.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan heat, the cooking oil over medium heat
- When the oil is hot, add the chopped onions, sauté until it begins to turn a pale golden colour
- Add cashews to it
- Add green chilies to it
- cool these completely.
- add these fried ingredients to the mixer jar and make a smooth paste
- Remove the paste in a bowl
Finish the dish of chicken korma:
- Using the same frying pan, turn the heat on medium
- Add 2 tbs of cooking oil and 1 tbs of ghee
- Once it is hot put 2 bay leaves and whole garam masala (5 cloves,1 cinnamon stick,3 cardamoms)
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add marinated chicken to it. No need to add water as curd will release water.
- Add the fried onion paste to it.
- Cover the pot. Cook in low flame until the chicken gets tender and cooked fully.
- When the gravy reaches your desired consistency, put off the flame
- Garnish with coriander leaves, fried onion, and fresh cream.
Serve it with rumali roti, tandoor, nan or lachcha parathas, steamed rice, jeera rice, or veg polou.
However, Preparation time for chicken korma recipe is as follows.
- Marinate time-20 minutes
- Cooking time-25 minutes
- Total time-45 minutes
Final preparation of chicken korma recipe:
1)Using the same frying pan, turn the heat on medium, add 2 tbs of cooking oil and 1 tbs of ghee.
2)Once it is hot put 2 bay leaves and whole garam masala (5 cloves,1 cinnamon stick,3 cardamoms)
3)Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes
4)Add marinated chicken to it. No need to add water as curd will release water
5)Add the fried onion paste to it.
6)Cover the pot. Cook in low flame until the chicken gets tender and cooked fully.
7)When the gravy reaches your desired consistency, put off the flame. Then garnish with coriander leaves, fried onion. Finally, add fresh cream. Now the chicken korma is ready.
8) Then, Serve it hot with rumali roti, tandoor, nan or lachcha parathas, steamed rice, jeera rice, or veg polou
Most importantly, the Nutrition amount is as per the below table.
(Anyhow, I calculated this Nutrition information using an ingredient database. Therefore, you may consider this data as an estimate.)
If you so far have not prepared this dish, I will request you to prepare it at the earliest. You may also make spicy Indian prawn masala along with it to celebrate any homely occasions. In fact, I am telling occasions like birthday or anniversary. It may also be a small gathering of a few relatives or friends.
In fact, this chicken korma is slightly rich and full of spices. But it is super flavor and tasty too. Nevertheless, if you can prepare it properly, they will lick their fingers.
Some times, we feel very stressed when our guests come to our house all on a sudden. If you have one hour, then you can easily prepare rice and this korma for them. Almost all the ingredients are generally available in every kitchen.
However, I may hope, you will try this. In reality, It will satisfy all your family members irrespective of their ages. In reality you will spend an enjoyable, happy and blessed Holiday.
Al last, I will say that after this you will get new motivation and inspirations from your family members to try these types of new and tasty dishes.